TAMPA, FL - Jun 23rd, 2014
TAMPA, Fla. – (June 23, 2014) – With school out for the summer, The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc., the world’s premier fondue restaurant franchise and a leading polished casual dining franchise, is offering a fun lesson in fondue etiquette to encourage people of all ages to gather together around the fondue pot this summer.
“Fondue isn’t the typical dining experience. From the funny-looking forks to the course dedicated entirely to melted cheese, food becomes a conversation starter when you add a fondue pot into the mix,” said Mike Lester, president of The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. “Summer is a perfect time to take a vacation from the smartphones and spend some undistracted quality time with family and friends over an interactive dining experience.”
To help guide these fondue gatherings, The Melting Pot is offering fondue 101 etiquette tips coined “fondues and fondon’ts” for the inexperienced fondue dippers and those who want to brush up on their fondue skills.
Fondues, or things you should always do when you fondue at The Melting Pot, include:
• Always share the last strawberry.
• Always order fondue in whichever order you want. Dessert first is always welcome!
• Always give your fondue fork time to cool off between dips.
• Always let ladies dip first. It’s only polite.
• Always bring as many friends as possible.
• Always experiment with new fondue combinations.
• Always keep napkins away from the burners.
• Always remember which fondue fork is yours. The Melting Pot even color-coded the handles for ease of use!
• Always order exactly as much fondue as you want.
• Always feel free to get two cheese fondue courses…or more!
• Never knock other fondue forks out of the way unless you want a fondue fork battle to ensue.
• Never double dip unless you ask first.
• Never dip with your fingers. Those pots are hot!
• Never lick the fondue pot, no matter how tempting.
• Never eat directly off the fondue fork.
• Never forget your food in the pot.
• Never pour the contents of the pot onto your plate.
• Never cut in line when it’s not your turn to dip.
• Never eat with your hands. But then, you knew that already.
• Never limit yourself…the fondue combinations are limitless!
For more fondues and fondon’ts or to learn how to submit your own, visit http://www.meltingpot.com/fondue101.
About The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc.
With more than 135 restaurants in North America, existing locations in 35 states, Canada and Mexico and more than 25 locations currently in development, The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. is the premier fondue restaurant franchise and a leading polished casual dining franchise. Founded in 1975, The Melting Pot has offered a memorable dining experience for nearly 40 years. Guests enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrées combined with dipping sauces. The menu also includes cheese fondues, salads, fine wines and chocolate fondue desserts. The Melting Pot is an affiliate of Front Burner Brands, a restaurant management company headquartered in Tampa, Fla. For more information, visit http://www.meltingpot.com.